Guidepoint is seeking a Lead PHP Developer with heavy Restful API & Microsoft SQL Server development experience to join its Engineering team. Our Engineering team is a highly collaborative organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skill and a passion for quality.
An ideal candidate is expected to absorb an immense amount of business logic and have a curious mind for process flows to data models and code interaction. Must have prior experience successfully leading a team of at least 4 developers for at least one year. Imperative that candidate can unblock fellow developers and weigh-in daily while getting own User Stories completed. Must be able to work alongside three existing Leads (2 BE & 1 FE) and Principal Engineer in a 20+ engineer team.
- Lead peers in implementation of SOA architecture, while supporting legacy web applications
- Weigh-in on database schema design
- Develop web applications using PHP & JS
- Follow and enforce coding standards and best practices (PSR-1)
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5-8 years of Object Oriented programming experience in PHP
- Experience working with a PHP MVC framework (advanced knowledge of Symfony2 & Doctrine ORM preferred)
- Experience designing, coding and consuming Restful APIs
- Experience in MS SQL Server, MongoDB & MySQL
- Experience in message queues via RabbitMQ
- Understanding of design patterns
- Experience offloading ginormous SQL queries (data processing, grouping, sorting, joins, inner selects) to PHP code
- Experience with caching, particularly with in-memory key/value storage (Redis)
- Master of Git version control. Must be able to assist in conflict resolution!
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with Agile software methodology
- Experience working with a production environment with zero or very minimal downtime
- Successful experience re-platforming
- Excellent communication & multitasking skills
- Must be a natural born problem solver
- Must document everything and expect of others
- Must have ownership!
Nice to Have
- Experience clustering and loadbalancing (scalable architecture)
- Experience with Machine Learning
- This is not a telecommuting or contract position
- Local candidates only please
Guidepoint is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V