Guidepoint, the experts at finding expertise, is a leading expert network firm that connects business decision-makers with experts across the world. At Guidepoint, we help to answer professionals’ most pressing business questions by connecting them with the most insightful industry experts. Since 2003, Guidepoint has set up more than 500,000 interactions between experts and business decision-makers across the world.
Our multinational client list includes seven of the top 10 global consulting firms, seven of the top 10 largest hedge funds, and many of the largest private equity firms and Fortune-ranked companies. Guidepoint’s nine offices on three continents provide 24/7, quick and agile service. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com
The IT Administrator supports global IT Infrastructure and operations, and provides technical support to office staff and remote users. This role reports to the VP of IT Operations and will be a critical player on the team to continue the tradition of expertise and technical know-how, and friendly client service.
- Build and apply complete understanding of IT Infrastructure operations.
- Manage and administer Windows/Linux file/web servers, SQL/MongoDB servers a plus, Mail servers including SMTP/POP3, Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry server, Domain/File servers, Network equipment: firewall, switches, and routers – (Foundry, Cisco), etc.
- 24/7 operational support and management of network and systems.
- Implement and manage security policies on the network.
- Manage and support telecom systems.
- Perform user administration.
- Provide desktop support to a mixed technical and non-technical staff (including remote users as needed).
- Maintain a knowledge base, documentation and administration procedures.
- Contribute to new technology development and scoping the IT roadmap
- 6+ years of technical experience in an extremely fast paced environment
- Business/Technical writing skills
- Knowledgeable in security policies for both internal and external use cases
- Data Protection and Disaster Recovery – Business Continuity planning
- Availability for 24/7 support
- Ability to lift desktops compters, servers and other hardware
- OS: Windows Desktops/Servers, Linux, Mac
- LAN (Netgear switches), WAN, TCP/IP, et al.
- Active Directory, VPN
- Data & Network security
- Network traffic security (Pen testing, Vulnerability testing, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in Spy/Malware/Virus vulnerabilities (Specialized in Kaspersky Anti-Virus, SonicWall firewall, etc)
- Microsoft Exchange, POP3/IMAP/SMTP servers; Blackberry, Airwatch
- Spam filtering, archiving, compliance practices
- Thorough knowledge of messaging protocols
- Knowledgeable in SQL; MySQL/MongoDB a plus
- Apache, IIS
- Dell Desktop & Servers, High availability solutions
- Load balancing, Network equipment, SAN/Blade servers
- APC UPS, Printers, Copy/Fax machines
- Data protection:
- Data backups, Offsite data replication
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning
- Vmware: Server & ESXi; Desktop virtualizations (Citrix XenDesktop)
- Various Desktop and Network management applications
- Data recovery tools
- Telecommunication: Data and voice circuits; Avaya, etc.